EPA Certified Stove List

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPhill

From the EPA's web-site:

Heat More Efficiently
How?
Replace an old wood stove, fireplace insert, or fireplace with an EPA-certified wood stove or EPA-certified fireplace insert.

Benefits
EPA-certified stoves use about one-third as much wood and circulate more heat into the home instead of out the flue (Oregon Department of Environmental Quality [ODEQ]).
EPA-certified stoves emit 50% to 60% less pollution. Some of the newest models are even more efficient (70+%) (ODEQ).

I ran a search first and it doesn't appear that this has been posted recently, so here is the link to the List of EPA Certified Wood Stoves dated Nov 18, 2010.

I just about fell off my chair when I saw that my jurassic-era WinterWarm model 1280 is not only certified, but at 2.1 G/Hr is pretty efficient and nowhere near the max emissions. Whoodathunkit?

Must be an old list.............the Avalon Rainier 90 isn't there, and I know it should be.

-Soupy1957

No worries mate. Avalon Rainier is on page 2 and listed again on page 15 as Rainier 90 and 45.

Ah yes (sits back and clasps his hands behind his head in satisfaction)............THERE it is! (phew!!)

-Soupy1957

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? My 1978 VC Vigilant did not make the list? How can this be?????? :)

Thanks! Will file and keep on hand.

I didnt see any of the Buck stoves on the list, hmmmmmm

Weezer, yes Buck is listed. It is under New Buck Corporation and you will see the 74 is there as "Buck/Tharrington 74/T-74"

My AC5 is on there and it is 1987 vintage. 3.8 grams/hour for the win. After reading this forum, I figured out how to operate the thing properly and it runs great. I am amazed this company went out of business. Guess that means all the other stoves out there are that much more awesome.

sunglider said:
Yikes! Where's my Hampton? I don't see Regency at all. Am I missing something?

Section 1. Page 4.

Use the PDF reader search box folks. :coolsmirk:

What will be interesting is to compile a list of stoves that will get bumped off the list once the proposed 4.5gph becomes the highest allowed. The F602 comes to mind. Bet there will be some inventory clearing over the next year...

precaud said:
What will be interesting is to compile a list of stoves that will get bumped off the list once the proposed 4.5gph becomes the highest allowed. The F602 comes to mind. Bet there will be some inventory clearing over the next year...

Nah. Just toss'em in the foundry at Bethel and make the new Jotul stove out of them.

Point taken, but I wasn't referring just to the F602, but to all models that will go away. Folks that live in areas that require certified stoves will want to know these things. Here in NM, the only burning they disallow is trash in the open.

Actually, it will be interesting to see what Jotul comes up with on the 602 to make it compliant. It's a very popular stove.

"What will be interesting is to compile a list of stoves that will get bumped off the list once the proposed 4.5gph becomes the highest allowed."

Yes, some will be delisted, so that those stoves won't be salable as new. As far as I know, though, existing installations are grandfathered (at least to current owners). Some locales require removal of non-compliant stoves when homes are sold.

DanCorcoran said:
As far as I know, though, existing installations are grandfathered (at least to current owners). Some locales require removal of non-compliant stoves when homes are sold.
Yes of course, noone is being forced to upgrade. But the point is, anyone buying a new stove should be aware of this as the rules change.

Status
Not open for further replies.