Error code issue please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Arcticcatgod01

Mar 11, 2017
Mannsville ny
I have a bosca spirit 500 pellet stove my pipe was gunked up so I took it apart to clean it. Now it turns on runs for 15 sec and shuts off. Error code says exhaust issue !! Someone help now what I have made sure everything is tight and no leaks but still getting same code what next

The usual - are you sure the vent isn't plugged by ash you knocked down? Is the exhaust blower running? What is the exact error the stove comes up with? Is there a clogged screen on the vent pipe? It sounds like you have an airflow problem, and the common faults I just mentioned.

Reactions: Arcticcatgod01
My first thought is what Lake Girl said. There are passages inside the stove that could be clogged or the blower blades for that matter. Do you have a routine schedule for cleaning your stove ?

The two "tear drops" on the back of the firebox wall should be able to swing out of the way when slightly loosened ... if you can get a brush in there that's better. Some use a bottle brush; I use a dryer lint brush but my stove is tall. I have a hose attached to my shop vac with drywall bag that I use to snake into the internal exhaust pathways. If you remove the exhaust blower, make sure you have a gasket if needed.

Keep us posted...