Essex model 1000 assembly, installation, operation and maintnance information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baconfat

Jan 20, 2012
NW Arkansas
I've just bought an Essex 1000. I know very little about such equipment but, being young and inexperienced, (69) I dove blindly in to this task. The unit was built in 1982 but was used less than 2 seasons (a friend owns it so I'm acquainted with the history). It is now installed inside a 4000 sq ft building and set up to provide heat thru the floor as well as hot water.

I will have to remove it and ultimately install it at my place. My thoughts are to use registers/radiators inside central heat systems in both my house and my shop here in NW Arkansas, locating the boiler unit in an old well house equal distance between the 2 buildings which are approx 100 ft apart, My total sq ft will be approx 3300 sq ft.

The big problem (that I'm aware of) is that I don't have any manuals or other paperwork to cover assembly, installation, operation or maintenance and have been unsuccessful in contacting the mfg in Conn or Mass by telephone or internet.

I need to know the following:

1) Does my installation scheme seem sound?

2)Tips on disassembly/inspection/assembly.

3) Are manuals or drawings available and if so how can I get copies?

4) Is there a special cleaning/maint kit required, if so where do I go to get it?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks, C.W.

Status
Not open for further replies.