ESW customer service thumbs up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry H

Jan 30, 2007
Western New York
Hi to all. I've been a "lurker" to the forum for quite a while, and have now registered so that I can join the chat and tell you about the great service I received from England's Stove Works. I called today about a small problem I have with my add-on furnace, and Brandon was the tech who helped me out. He told me Mike was on another line at the time, but offered to listen to my situation. After spending about 20 minutes with him I came away truly impressed with the level of commitment this company has for its customers. BrotherBart and others are right when they say these guys give great support. These guys could be a model for a lot of other companies.

I'll do my best to contribute some helpful advice to all. Usually seems as though I'm a few days behind on the current posts and most of the folks here have already chimed in with many of my thoughts.

My wife laughs and asks if I'm getting my "fix" when I fire up the computer to catch up with what's new here. You folks are a great bunch.

Good to know WaterBoss, and welcome aboard. Though I don't have an Englander, I've been very impressed with Stoveguy (Mike) and his approach here on the forum. He never plugs his stoves, as you might expect some would do. Rather he stays objective, and gives solid advice. To me that says a great deal about the man, and his interest in woodstoves... not just the brand he works for. I wish other manufacturers would follow his lead and come to Hearth too. I would love to talk to the Country stove guys, and I'm sure other members would enjoy speaking to the manufacturers of their respective brands. Keep up the good work Mike... more people are watching you than you may know.

-Kevin

Hi WaterBoss. Welcome. I really am glad Mike is here too. And glad Bart got an Englander to entice him on board. Hopefully we'll be able to persuade a few more tech support folk from the big companies to come on board. Last year I wouldn't have even thought of recommending an Englander because I didn't no diddly about them. Now, for someone looking for a new steel stove, I'd have no qualms recommending one. Good folks.

Thanks for the welcome! This is my favorite board. Great group of knowledgeable folks who really know their stuff and are willing to share it to keep everyone safe and warm.
-Larry

Yep, a good company. The first stove had a major problem and they replaced it post haste. The new one had a minor problem that I fixed rather than drag it back out of the fireplace. These old knees can't take a bunch more lifting of 500 pound objects. But it was something covered by their warranty and I have no doubts that if my little fix doesn't work they will take care of it.

Both could'a/should'a been caught in QC but I had some of the same problems with the Jotuls. Precaud had'em with a Quad. Big difference is that ESW is ready, willing and able to talk to ya and fix it. Try calling Jotul. Try calling Quadrafire. For that matter try calling PE. And just go tinkle straight into a high wind rather than call Harman.

And through all I didn't have to jack with a dealer. And a dealer didn't have to jack with this grumpy old fart. (I can hear Shane, Sean, Hearthtools, MSG and HarryBack sighing in relief from here)

The no bling, boxy, dog nuts NC-30 is cruising at 500 and it is 23 outside headed for 16 and it is 78 upstairs. I am going to bed. Loaded it at eight. Gotta be up by eight to feed it. Didn't fill it all the way up.

You go ESW.

Status
Not open for further replies.