Europa 75 fan issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynzo

Oct 10, 2012
Prairie du Sac, Wi
I have a stove, new circuit board, everything seems ok at startup, display reads normal with no error codes, but the combustion fan does not run. It turns freely. Any suggestions about where to look for a problem? Before the circuit board replacement it would run fine for 15 minutes and then the combustion fan would shut down, so I was advised to change out the circuit board. The stove sat last year w/o being used, I bought a board this summer, put it in this fall, and now the fan does not run at all. The EcoTeck I bought last fall as a replacement for the Europa has been a very high maintenance pain in the you-know-what! And it just laid a $470 egg in the shape of a circulation fan... SO, here I an in January with two stoves that currently create 0 btu.
Looking for the silver bullet for my good 'ol DellPoint. Any help would be appreciated!

Why is the Ecoteck a pain to maintain? I do a 10 minute vacuum every 3 to 4 bags of pellets. Is this way more than other stoves need????

Go to Wollersheim and get a good bottle of wine. Wow, German fans are high. Usually the bearings just need replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.