Even experienced folks can do some dumb things!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This thread has been an eye opener and also good for some laughs. Maybe we need to bring this up from time to time just for kicks. But come to think of it, I was burning that wood horizontally rather than vertically...

Backwoods Savage said:
But come to think of it, I was burning that wood horizontally rather than vertically...

Ha Burn!

Well, since we're all friends here, I can let you in my brain fart this past weekend. Firstly, I hold Dennis accountable for this one. While splitting some huge red oak rounds VERTICALLY, I found yet another sliver of wood left over from the round I was working. These are frequent occurrences since the tree was well over 36 inches in many places. You know the kind; resulting from opposing cuts just missing each other as they cross the center of the tree. Look allot like partial pizzas, except thicker and harder. Since the wood pile was on my left, and I am right handed, and I was holding the next victim in my left hand, I grabbed the culprit sliver, call it a half pizza that is an inch thick, and did a wind mill toss over the shoulder toward the pile with my right hand. I gazed into the setting sun at the pile to see where she was going to land and if she would roll off the pile into the lawn. Wait, wait :roll: .......... nuthin'. Hmmm, must of landed out of sight. BANG! Stars. :shut: WTF was that! Look behind me and there is the sliver rolling to a stop. A direct hit on the top of the head. Hard enough my neck hurts today. And yes, hard enough to sprout a fluid leak. Hat off, glove off, check with bare hand and the tips of my fingers are covered in blood. Fearing that this was going to look like a Freddy Krueger movie in a minute or two, I hastily packed up and left. Last thing I wanted was to be walking across my neighbor's yard with blood running down my face. Turned out to be more of a jab than a slice, so no stitches needed. Darn neck hurts though. Duh. Won't play that game again.

mywaynow-glad you are alright but that is funny, next time break out the hard hat. ;-)

So I was looking through the dryer for my sweathshirt the other day....couldn't find it, but i knew it had to be in there. Well, wife walks by, so I ask her...where is my sweathshirt. Starting taking everything out into a basket...STILL no sweatshirt. Wife looks at me again....It was in my hand!

I'm only 42....but it is beginning.

:)

What else can you do, but laugh?

mywaynow said:
Well, since we're all friends here, I can let you in my brain fart this past weekend. Firstly, I hold Dennis accountable for this one. While splitting some huge red oak rounds VERTICALLY, I found yet another sliver of wood left over from the round I was working. These are frequent occurrences since the tree was well over 36 inches in many places. You know the kind; resulting from opposing cuts just missing each other as they cross the center of the tree. Look allot like partial pizzas, except thicker and harder. Since the wood pile was on my left, and I am right handed, and I was holding the next victim in my left hand, I grabbed the culprit sliver, call it a half pizza that is an inch thick, and did a wind mill toss over the shoulder toward the pile with my right hand. I gazed into the setting sun at the pile to see where she was going to land and if she would roll off the pile into the lawn. Wait, wait :roll: .......... nuthin'. Hmmm, must of landed out of sight. BANG! Stars. :shut: WTF was that! Look behind me and there is the sliver rolling to a stop. A direct hit on the top of the head. Hard enough my neck hurts today. And yes, hard enough to sprout a fluid leak. Hat off, glove off, check with bare hand and the tips of my fingers are covered in blood. Fearing that this was going to look like a Freddy Krueger movie in a minute or two, I hastily packed up and left. Last thing I wanted was to be walking across my neighbor's yard with blood running down my face. Turned out to be more of a jab than a slice, so no stitches needed. Darn neck hurts though. Duh. Won't play that game again.

I want you to know I had nothing to do with this one. :lol:

bpirger said:
So I was looking through the dryer for my sweathshirt the other day....couldn't find it, but i knew it had to be in there. Well, wife walks by, so I ask her...where is my sweathshirt. Starting taking everything out into a basket...STILL no sweatshirt. Wife looks at me again....It was in my hand!

I'm only 42....but it is beginning.

:)

What else can you do, but laugh?

That is sort of like the keys I lost one time. Looked for a long, long time and had the whole family looking. I really don't know how or when it happened but suddenly one time I looked down and the danged things were in my hand. Naturally, I hollered, "Hey! I found them." Nobody knew the difference except me and that one bothered me for a long time.

When I swapped the F-100 out for the F-3, I ran the stove with the key damper closed for a few weeks. I should have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.