Ever here of these pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
Stopped @ local dealer to check on early buy, they were closed. However I looked under his tarps and saw several tons of a pellet I never heard of, Power Pellets. Bag says super premium hardwood, as we all know, that doesn't mean Jack. Checked out web site but they were real vague. Any pellet heads know anything about this Power Pellet?

They are made by:
O'Malley Wood Pellets
PO Box 940
350 Mill Rd
Tappahannock Va 22560
804-445-1118 (phone)

A place called Wood Floors Plus in Glen Burnie, Maryland sells them for $189.00 a ton.

Called O'Malleys and asked about them, was told that they are really O'Malley pellets bagged under the Power Pellet name to be sold at big box stores etc.

Attachments

• Wood Floors Plus Pellets.jpg
    Wood Floors Plus Pellets.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 878
Friend of mine and I split a ton of O'Malley's from Wood Floors Plus...the price was just too tempting. Haven't burned them yet. The Greenways were supposed to be great last year, but they really raised the price on both pellets and delivery.

Will report back on O'Malleys in a few months... Cozy, Just saw that you scored pretty big on Stove Chow last year. I'm sure we'll both be watching for the HD delivery & price drop down here!

The Greenways that I got last year at Wood Floors Plus did burn well. Last year when I got them they were $189.oo a ton, but then later they increased the price to $209.oo a ton.

Right down the street the Glen Burnie Home Depot had the Stove Chow for $187.00 per ton, plus my brother received a 10% veteran’s discount. So we got 12 tons @ $168.30 per ton.

This year I picked up a 28' enclosed Great Dane pup trailer that I am going to use for pellet storage.

If either Home Depot (Glen Burnie or Annapolis) gets Stove Chow again this year @ $187.oo a ton, I plan to load the trailer with another couple years worth of pellets.

I used the Greenways last year and was very happy. I just ordered 6 tons of O'Mally's for this year. We only use about 4-5 tons per year but it was cheaper to buy more of the O'Mallys than 5 of the Greenways. I hope they close to being as good.

atomix said:
Friend of mine and I split a ton of O'Malley's from Wood Floors Plus...the price was just too tempting. Haven't burned them yet. The Greenways were supposed to be great last year, but they really raised the price on both pellets and delivery. Will report back on O'Malleys in a few months... Cozy, Just saw that you scored pretty big on Stove Chow last year. I'm sure we'll both be watching for the HD delivery & price drop down here!

My original order was going to be 3 greenways and 2 O'malleys.. Shipping was $200... I ordered 6 O'malleys and shipping was only $100... Whats up with that ????

Status
Not open for further replies.