1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Extra floor suuport or not?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by pelletizer, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelletizer

pelletizer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pellet County N.H.
    I am installing a Engalnder 25-PDVC at about 300 lbs on 2" blue stone, weight unsure maybe 100 to 150 lbs so I figure max 500 lbs.
    Location is in a 1st floor corner and floor is 2 x 10 studs 3/4 plywood 1/2 Maple hardwood floor.
    6.5 feet out in the basement from the corner is the 2x4 back wall of a finished basement room and the studs for this wall extend from the basement floor to the 2 x 10 studs and provides extra floor support.
    Question is do I need extra suport for my stove and floor hearth considering the corner location and the 6.5 ft distance to the basement finished supporting wall I don't think so but would like some thoughts?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Not if the stone is perfectly flat, the hearth will spread the weight evenly.
  3. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Invite 6 healthy adults over and have them cluster together where the stove's gonna sit. That's at the very least 900 pounds. If they don't fall through into the basement, you should be fine. (I don't think you'll have any problem). Rick
  4. pelletizer

pelletizer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pellet County N.H.
    Had many healthy adults in the house last night floor held up good no cave ins but I bet lots of unhealthy adults paying the price form bahama mama's today.
    Got to get going on this install fall will be here soon enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.