extreme modifyed englander 28-3500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cabman

Sep 22, 2012
so here is what i want to do. take out standard metal baffle and install catalysts in firebox. on top of them put a 50' coil for hot water and then ceramic board on top of that for the baffle. on the arboristsite a guy put catalysts in this stove and it worked great but i want to go a step further and make hot water this can work right?

thanks

You need to be careful to not boil the water in the coil or you'd have a steam tube boiler to deal with.

Welcome to Hearth.com!

TS

right! i would add a 500 gal storage and side arm for dhw. i would use this stove and this setup because ease of use for my wife and it is a low maintenance setup. what i realy want to do is an indoor wood boiler but don`t want to deal with creosote and a chimney fire in a 34' chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.