1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

F3CB Installed and working

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by glennm, Oct 15, 2012.

1. glennm

glennm Burning Hunk

Loc:
    S Ontario
    Hi:

I posted last week about installing my new Jotul. The install was fairly simple since everything basically was in place. I am going to work on the stove pipe a bit, I want to move the stove forward about 10 inches . I think it is a bit tight at the rear corners but I do have a space to move it out with some extra double wall pipe between the two 45's at the ceiling.

I am still very confused by the fit of the pipe to the stove. It really doesn't seem right to me and I have read the instructions over many times. The flange that came with the stove drops down into the hole provided for it after you remove the cover -- you are then supposed to put in four bolts but there is nothing to bolt the flange to? You can put the bolts in the flange and it can't come out of the stove but it really isn't a tight fit. If you look at it in the dark you can see light from inside the fire box around the spot where the flange enters the stove. Anyone have any advice on this? I want to be sure I have done this correctly?

Here is a photo of the stove running, it is perfect for this room, looks great, plenty of draft , secondaries are fun to watch and it gives me what I want in btu's for this room.

Thanks in advance
    Glenn

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Looks good, positively gravity defying. :) Have you tried putting the thermometer on the stove top for a better reading?
    PapaDave likes this.
  3. fishingpol

fishingpol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    I had the F-100 and it had a nice cast iron flue collar that the pipe fit in pretty well and I stuffed some gasket material for a snug fit. The F3 has a flue adaptor that I agree could be better. I wish it had a cast collar.
  4. pyronut

pyronut Member

Loc:
    El paso, TX
    Congrats. Looks great!