F602 Water logged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheJeff

Jun 8, 2022
Tennessee
Just got a F602 and it is new but quite dirty. When I leaned it back to check out the bottomn there was quite a bit of water that came out.
It was not visible in the firbox so I'm not sure where it was. Should I be worried about any gaskets that maybe have got wet and the cement maybe letting go?

IDK, but if you are worried you could light it up outside and dry it out and test it at the same time. If it is new probably need to do a few small break in fires.

Edit: assumed this is an old stock from someone other than a dealer.

Last edited:
When you say new, do you mean a new F602 CBv2 or new to you older F602?

If this is a brand new stove then something is wrong. It should not have been dirty and definitely should not have water in it. I'd ask the dealer to take it back in exchange for one that has been stored and treated properly.

Reactions: bigealta