Facebook...how about Facecord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wood-fan-atic said:
Ok, sorry guys......I have to draw the line here. I HATE 'reality TV'. ;-)

Even Ax Men?? I also can't stand the usual reality shows but I do like shows that have great scenery and maybe even some content that I can learn from. Ax Men, Heli Loggers, etc. intrigues me since I really had to no idea how logging was done in different areas. I also like to watch that Alaska Gold Rush show and some of the DIY and survival(NOT Survivor!) shows.

My wife hates facebook. I check in to see what old friends are up to, but actually post very rarely. On tv I like Axemen, the other logging shows and Ice Road Truckers. Those shows are often best viewed with the sound off.

I have to agree with the whole facebook thing. i have known several seemingly happy marriages that have ended because the little lady saw an old flame straddling a harley davidson in Florida and she couldnt resist. two weeks later shes on the back of the bike and the old man is sitting at home wondering what happened. Not only that...but to me its a complete waste of time and has no value in the real world. I am a professional counselor by occupation and see families in total disarray all the time because everyone is sitting around the house either texting or zoning out on facebook. Im 31 years old and feel this way about it. Too much time stuck to the computer and not enough family and friend time. "Root of all evil" is a good descriptor. My two cents

+1 to greenbrierwv's 2 cents.

I have never used Facebook and never will. Funny that I am an IT professional and have that attitude, most of my coworkers don't understand it.

More time around the hearth with family and good conversation goes a long way. Unfortunately we are the minority and most people wouldn't understand and embrace our thoughts and ideas. Keep trying though.

Backwoods Savage said:
I really can't see what all the fascination is over Facebook. There is nothing there that interests me but I am on there only because of children and grand children. There are a few other folk who once in a while will send me a message. I occasionally get a message and only then will I go on there.
i dont spend much time on there either but the cool thing is that it has reconnected me to some child hood friends that i have not talked to in 15 years. i definately get the same thing as everybody else with the wife oh r u on hearth. i always say hearth is facebook for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.