Fair chainsaw asking prices???anyone want to buy two old saws?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yetty734

Dec 10, 2007
Central OH
i have two chainsaws i have been wanting to get rid of....

1. craftsman(poulan) 3.2ish 16 inch: good running saw. cut for 4 years heavy with it but then got a husky 45. the craftsman is a 1985 model with out a kickback break and would come with 6 fairly new oregon chains. the only reason im getting this is because the husky 45 beat it by far and ive got my timberbear for big stuff. 15 year olds dont need 4 chainsaws...

2. homelite XL 150: 16" bar. runs but is loud as all get out, and doesnt have much power. it's a late 70's maybe early 80's model....i think. no kick back stop. comes with a chain with maybe 20 minutes of use on it and a case+manual.

what do you think is a fair asking price for these two. would probably place on my local craigslist under two listing with a possible " take both for cheap" deal.....anybody on here want to buy them??? PM me if you do.

thanks, happy holidays

ccb

I would say $25-$50 for the pair. Not much more than that.

Put the XL on ebay as a parts saw if it is tired. You might get $25-$50 for it since it runs and has a case. The Craftsman isn't worth your time to sell it. If it still starts and spins, just keep it for stumps, roots, landscaping timber, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.