Fantastic gas can

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Indiana wood

Nov 30, 2019
Warsaw Indiana
721F2E32-0915-467F-9A0A-CC20FFF95484.jpeg

Not how many of you guys have one of these gas cans but they are awesome. I’ve had it about a week, it took awhile to get it off amazon because it ships from overseas and not available in the u.s. all in one with storage and never over fills.

does it have all that anti-leak communist stuff on it? I always pull those off and replace them with pre-ban nozzles.
I think it does BUT if you read the instructions it tells you how to use it properly. I never knew until this can. Simply push down until gurgling stops and pull out. No leaks no over fills.

The best cans are made by Justrite and I have about five or them in various sizes. No stupid plastic, no fiddly push nozels, and no frustrating caps.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Just Rite or Eagle cans. Red for gas, yellow for diesel and green for premix.

I don't need no stinking plastic cans.

Reactions: SpaceBus
The spouts degrade on the old ones and broke rather quickly. The new can spouts just plain suck.
Yeah, the old plastic ones are ok, but the new stuff with emissions equipment do suck. Not that I'm a fan of harmful vapors escaping. My Justrite cans have handled the vapor problem without being a pain.

Reactions: Indiana wood
For those plastics, you can buy new un-communist can spouts on ebay if you find yourself with broken ones. Those justrights look like something I need to try though. Reminds me of my granddad's old gas cans.

The justrite cans are nice because of the convenient handle. The first one I used was a Type I which had a funnel for a spout. The Type II has a "donkey dick" as we called them in the Army.

I like the nospill cans and love them. I have had all of them for quite a few years with absolutely no problems. And honestly I have never used any can new or old that worked as well.

I like the nospill cans and love them. I have had all of them for quite a few years with absolutely no problems. And honestly I have never used any can new or old that worked as well.
I hated “ no spill” cans until this one when i read the instructions . Once I realized how you are supposed to use them, I loved them. Topping off is a no no

I hated “ no spill” cans until this one when i read the instructions . Once I realized how you are supposed to use them, I loved them. Topping off is a no no
Nospill is a specific brand. Many others I have tried were not very good.

Looks good as long as one side doesn't leak when you're using the other side. I also like the metal Eagle cans. I also have a stupid EPA plastic BS can - I've taken the stupid locking plastic nozzle off of and put a straight nozzle on and drilled an air vent hole. I believe these nozzles say they're for water but they're sold right next to the gas cans at my local Tractor Supply...