Farewell loyal P38, hello.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it's always in room temp. Once it gets cooler, say 40 and below, it'll run 24/7 til springtime, so the igniter will be irrelevant. After cleaning shutdowns, it'll be lit with a torch, not out of some childish stubbornness, but because the AI takes so damn long compared to the torch.

No doubt it'll use more pellets than my P38 during sub zero temps, but I'm wondering if this stove is gonna use less pellets during "normal" winter temps because of the reason I listed in the last post.
To each his own.....but you've purchased a stove capable of fully automatic operation and your choice is to not use it. I'm good with that, don't get me wrong. I used the same thought process coming from 15 years with my Harman Invincible. Just a few months with the P61A and I was a convert.....and I'm stubborn like a mule!!!! You'll love that beast when it gets cold. Enjoy.

Reactions: P38X2
Is that mirrored glass??
Yes. I wasn't sure I'd like it at first but the stove is next to a slider and a window so it's very bright in that area. It doesn't appear to be that much more reflective than my old stove and really doesn't catch your eye. I think if the stove was in a darker area, the mirror effect would be much more prominent, giving it the "space shuttle" look, as someone described. It does do a much better job hiding the dirty glass/firebox area. I like it.

To each his own.....but you've purchased a stove capable of fully automatic operation and your choice is to not use it. I'm good with that, don't get me wrong. I used the same thought process coming from 15 years with my Harman Invincible. Just a few months with the P61A and I was a convert.....and I'm stubborn like a mule!!!! You'll love that beast when it gets cold. Enjoy.
There's no doubt it could be advantageous to run it in auto mode during shoulder season. I still have to test it to see what I'm gonna get for temp swings upstairs. As far as Nov to April, it wont matter if it's in auto or manual as the heat loss and lack of solar gain will be far greater than the stove's min output. The stove won't be shutting down except for cleanings.

I already love this stove :) I went and saw my old P38 last night to show my Unk around his "new" stove. It seemed tiny to me ;) We got it cranking and he was very impressed, as was I, so the situation worked out well for both of us. He used Metal-Fab brand venting which must have come from the Duravent factory. Leaks up the wazoo! Oh well, that's what silicone and tape are for.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.