Farm-Master Stove Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Whistlepig72

Jan 18, 2018
Pa
100F8FA6-8442-4DB7-A8CE-C26E8BFBD882.jpeg 71059184-B521-4D77-BFCF-F5987C824251.jpeg 2CDD06C0-6908-4840-A2FD-3BAE5D540A35.jpeg
Hi. Brand new to wood stoves. Picked up a 1928 patent Wood-Master Brooder Stove. First how was this stove used for brooding chickens? I can’t find any info about this stove or the company. I would also like to know what the foot pedal is supposed to do. Any info would be great! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Random thoughts . . .

Just a guess but does the stove open up -- perhaps in the bottom or middle section to allow chicks to be placed there while a small fire was lit in the other section?

Incidentally, a neat time piece (edit: or rather conversation piece is what I meant to say since obviously this is not a clock or watch), but based on the crack and condition of this stove I would not rely on this for heating my home.

Random thoughts . . .

Just a guess but does the stove open up -- perhaps in the bottom or middle section to allow chicks to be placed there while a small fire was lit in the other section?

Incidentally, a neat time piece (edit: or rather conversation piece is what I meant to say since obviously this is not a clock or watch), but based on the crack and condition of this stove I would not rely on this for heating my home.

I think it was just a stove marketed towards being used in a Brooding house. It’s not very ornate. The crack is on the door to clean out ashes. The rest of the stove is really solid. Still don’t understand that foot peddle thing.

Most of these stoves that I see that are this shape are coal stoves. Does the pedal operate a grate system at the bottom of the stove?

I think it was just a stove marketed towards being used in a Brooding house. It’s not very ornate. The crack is on the door to clean out ashes. The rest of the stove is really solid. Still don’t understand that foot peddle thing.
Yes and that crack is going to let air in under tge fire making it burn hotter and faster. What are your goals with this stove?

Yes and that crack is going to let air in under tge fire making it burn hotter and faster. What are your goals with this stove?

I don’t know yet what I’m going to do with it. The crack you see is on a removable plate so easier to repair.

I think it may be designed to let air in when pressed. I need to clean it up and see if I can figure it out.
Does that pedal connect to the shaker grates?