Fast Burning Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
I have switched over from Maine Woods PEllets to test out some Okies, and the Okies are burning alot hotter but they seem to be burning alot faster. are they known for that or what setting should i try changing on my stove?

Usually a hotter pellet will allow you to turn the feed rate down unless its really cold out. Are you running the stove 24/7?

Normally 24/7 burners adjust with feed rate. Us stat users it doesn't really matter because the stove will just warm the room quicker with hotter fuel and the stat will shut the stove down.

Is the house warmer than the MWP? If so reduce the heat setting on the stove. pellet usuage should equal out. When its cold you'll like the hotter pellets because the stove will be at a lower feed setting and not working as hard with a pellet that doesn't produce as much heat. You'd have to run it higher.

Let me know if this works for you?

I would try lowering the LBA a little bit, try 3 and see if that helps. If not, try lowering the LFF to 1 or 2.

What heat range are you running at?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the lower three buttons only have effect when your running a 1-2 heat range on your stove.

FYI - Enjoying my Maine wreath!

06d27f6b.jpg

Your burning a lot of pellet because you got that baby cranking!

Are you running it on hi/lo mode or does the stove shut down when the temp is reached? Does your thermostat have a swing temp setting?

I think you will find you will burn less pellets if you just turn it down. Say 5-5. Or even lower... I run mine at 2-3 with a 2 degree swing thermostat.

But I live 800 miles south of you. Little warmer down here...

GrahamInVa said:
I would try lowering the LBA a little bit, try 3 and see if that helps. If not, try lowering the LFF to 1 or 2.

What heat range are you running at?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the lower three buttons only have effect when your running a 1-2 heat range on your stove.

FYI - Enjoying my Maine wreath!

06d27f6b.jpg

Love my wreath also. Wife was shocked when she opened it. Phenomenal smell...

Anyways.. I suggest turning the settings down a bit also. Heat level 9 is Nuclear heat. To get Nuclear heat, you must burn Copious amounts of pellets. My Englander is Analog, but the one I got my Father this Fall does an astounding job on 2-3 or 3-4. Heats his 1,400 sq to 80* in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.