1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Father in-law delivers the goods - Free wood heater.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Hills Hoard, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hills Hoard

Hills Hoard Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    We will be building a shed on our property within the next year (all things going to plan). But as well as being a place to work on the car and mowers etc, it will also have an area to hang out with a bar / lounge...table, chairs, fridge, tv etc....i also want to put in a wood heater so when my father in-law got wind of this he called up and said he was removing his wood heater and to come and get it!!...!...pretty bloody happy!!!.. View attachment 97705 View attachment 97706 View attachment 97706

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HotCoals

HotCoals Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    Who made it?
    Looks a lot like a Blaze King but I spy a black knob at the right front top corner?
  3. tekguy

tekguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    west mass
    i spy a name or label bottom left that you cant make out
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Since OP's in Australia, I'd say there's a real good chance it's an appliance manufacturer we've never heard of. Rick
  5. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I can't say I really care what brand it is. I heard wood stove, bar / lounge...table, chairs, fridge, tv etc...sounds good to me.....am I invited?
    DexterDay, Hills Hoard and ddddddden like this.
  6. Hills Hoard

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thats the idea of the man cave.... everyone's invited!!....my old place used to have a decent sized shed but only had one of those upright gas heaters...

The brand is "Austwood""......I don't know much about them....i looked up the price and appear to be AU $2000 +....is that good or bad?.like the one in my house it has a 3 speed fan..i have the piping/chimney etc as well.....i dont know who makes them or where.....but looks like my father in-law has been burning some crap in there huh...
  7. Hills Hoard

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    You know I didn't even take notice of the brand when I took it. I was just excited that it was free. But you guys have got me curious. I am going to have a closer look at it tonight for a model or serial number. I thought I might take some measurements too to give you an idea of the size.. Austwood appear to only available through BBQ's Galore here in OZ and the company is based in Sydney. if any one else knows anything about them i'd love to know. thanks...
  8. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Does it have an EPA cert on the name plate?
  9. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Looks like an older model of the the Wentworth. Good find as that will keep you plenty warm out in the shop.
  10. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Shouldn't be an EPA sticker anywhere unless it was made in USA.
    tfdchief likes this.
  11. Hills Hoard

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    I agree with mellow, it does look like an older model of the wentworth. I noticed on the back plate the business location is actually down here in Melbourne but interestingly the phone number doesn't have a '9' in front of it. Melbourne changed its phone number system around 1995 changing the amount of numbers in the phone number from 7 to 8. (by adding a number 9 in front of the number). So that would mean my heater is 16-18 years old.

Apologies for the dodgy pic!

Attached Files: