FERRARI 2000 finally installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itworks

Jul 23, 2008
Southwestern CT
My Ferrari 2000 installation was finally completed. Wish I can post photos, but Enzo's attorneys won't permit that. It's fire engine red and looks great. It has two venting systems. One goes vertical 68 feet, and the other is 1 1/2 foot direct vent. It has an outside air kit, as well as well as an inside air kit , and an intermediate air kit attached. It's rated at producing a maximum of 500,000 btu's, heating a 10,000 sqft home. It's installed in our very finished lower level adjacent to our indoor pool and foosball table. The installation included 108 fans, some blowing cold air to the stove, some just circulating the warm air between our 4 levels. Level 1=85 degrees, level 2=83 degrees, level 3=81 degrees, level 4=79 degrees. We've never been so comfortable. At times it gets so warm that my wife opens windows even though the snow builds up in the family room. What the heck let the kids have a snowball fight where we can keep an eye on them and still be comfortable. I'm a CPA (Certified Pellet Agnostic) and I'm proud to report we only burn 1/2 bag of pellets daily, all of our heating dollars go to local merchants, we have a carbon neutral footprint, and we are experiencing a good feeling heat that can't be produced by fossil fuels. We buy our pellets during the "pre-season" at less than $100@ton, which includes delivery, gift wrapping, stacking, vacuuming, before they are gingerly placed in the stove. We use a Fuzi 100- air hammer to remove the clinkers, and my wife has hired a team led by Mr. Clean to insure our viewing window is cleaned hourly.

itworks said:
My Ferrari 2000 installation was finally completed. Wish I can post photos, but Enzo's attorneys won't permit that. It's fire engine red and looks great. It has two venting systems. One goes vertical 68 feet, and the other is 1 1/2 foot direct vent. It has an outside air kit, as well as well as an inside air kit , and an intermediate air kit attached. It's rated at producing a maximum of 500,000 btu's, heating a 10,000 sqft home. It's installed in our very finished lower level adjacent to our indoor pool and foosball table. The installation included 108 fans, some blowing cold air to the stove, some just circulating the warm air between our 4 levels. Level 1=85 degrees, level 2=83 degrees, level 3=81 degrees, level 4=79 degrees. We've never been so comfortable. At times it gets so warm that my wife opens windows even though the snow builds up in the family room. What the heck let the kids have a snowball fight where we can keep an eye on them and still be comfortable. I'm a CPA (Certified Pellet Agnostic) and I'm proud to report we only burn 1/2 bag of pellets daily, all of our heating dollars go to local merchants, we have a carbon neutral footprint, and we are experiencing a good feeling heat that can't be produced by fossil fuels. We buy our pellets during the "pre-season" at less than $100@ton, which includes delivery, gift wrapping, stacking, vacuuming, before they are gingerly placed in the stove. We use a Fuzi 100- air hammer to remove the clinkers, and my wife has hired a team led by Mr. Clean to insure our viewing window is cleaned hourly.

And I have an ex wife that wants no child or spousal support. Beer is on me.

Cheers
Eric

When I first scanned your post, I thought yah, whatever, but then I read it again and got it, that truly is funny.

I have heard that a Ferrari tuneup can be quite expensive. Best to keep the snowballs out of the intakes.

Very nice, but can it burn nuclear pellets?

Cheers

Kenny

How does it handle the corners operating at full speed, and how much did your insurance go up? And because it is a Ferrari The permit fees were high.

You wasted your money on the F 2000, half the guys here are able to get the same results with their Englander's, Harman's, Big E's, etc. So Mr. Big Jeans, the joke is on you....

Welcome to the forum, and please do some reading while you're here so you're you're not wasting our time with your average results.

Does the door open up instead of out when you go to clean it? :lol:

Just goes to show that even Ferrari can produce a lemon now and then, just your luck you got the one they produced this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.