Filling up the Crib

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYLife

Burning Hunk
Sep 3, 2012
Mohegan Lake NY
Almost filled in 2 days work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: zap
Nice. You got a good selection there.
A little bit of everything. Should be good by next year. My neighbor seen me splitting some wood and asks me if I want the wood from the 2 trees he's about to take down in 3 weeks. I felt like a kid in a candy store when he told me that

Yea, its nice when things work into other things. You may want to let the oak sit 2 years minimal. I should have a total of 3 cords oak css by the end of next weekend, but won't touch it until 2014/2015. Be well

Yea, its nice when things work into other things. You may want to let the oak sit 2 years minimal. I should have a total of 3 cords oak css by the end of next weekend, but won't touch it until 2014/2015. Be well
That's what I will do with the oak thanks. Be well

A little bit of everything. Should be good by next year. My neighbor seen me splitting some wood and asks me if I want the wood from the 2 trees he's about to take down in 3 weeks. I felt like a kid in a candy store when he told me that
What type of trees are they?
zap

Your pic caught me off guard there for a second, I thought it was hung to dry, lol , jokes on me. Nice stash you have going there NY !

Reactions: milleo and NYLife
you gonna need more cribs when you get those trees from your nieghbor.....nice wood....no junk:cool:

Very nice
Your supply is starting to add up ::P
Cool pictures. Bet it's hard to stack it on the ends like that. Does it dry faster? LOL :)

you gonna need more cribs when you get those trees from your nieghbor.....nice wood....no junk:cool:
I'm gonna have to build a monster shed in less then 3 weeks because that's when my neighbor plans to get those trees taken down. I'm thinking about 10 -12 ft long and 6 ft high

Very nice
Your supply is starting to add up ::P
Cool pictures. Bet it's hard to stack it on the ends like that. Does it dry faster? LOL :)
I stack the long ones on the ends and the short ones up the middle. Good gaps so it should dry well. In a few weeks I will put the mm to the test. It read 28% so see in a few weeks

Almost filled in 2 days work

Stacking in that manner is difficult work. I've not noticed that it gives any advantage though.

Stacking in that manner is difficult work. I've not noticed that it gives any advantage though.
It actually wasn't too much work. I guess when you just want to split it and stack it ASAP the time flies by.

Status
Not open for further replies.