1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Filtering your OAK

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by briansol, Nov 8, 2012.

1. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    Perhaps this is a stupid question, but does anyone run like a K&N automoive filter at the port of their OAK? I'm looking around at kits online, and the wire mesh seems ugly to me. And I do have a lot of field mice in my area, as i live near a big field (go figure....) Is this stupid or too restictive? or a good idea? thoughts?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thedak

thedak Member

Loc:
    Smoke em if u got em'
    sRs ?
  3. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    yea i know... lol

i'm a car guy, so if anything i think it would be a cool decoration for the house :p
  4. urkiddin

urkiddin Member

Loc:
    Western Ma. near Vt border
    I have a 2 in. id piece of electrical emt i'm using for my OA.Last year i had a piece of window screen in it.This year i redid it with 1/4 in hardware cloth and i notice the stove seems to burn better.Don't know if the fine screen was to restrictive or not of just better pellets this year.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    You want something with the largest mesh size that will do the job of keeping critters out and if you decide to use something restrictive like window or door screening you want to make a big globe of it so you don't cut off almost half of the air flow oops .