Fin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Officially finished and closed up for the 2014/15 season, today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434215011.506273.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1434215041.419488.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sad. Better leave the doors cracked in case it's afraid of the dark. ;)

The gentle giant has been sleeping since mid-May though his belly is starting to fill with pistachio nut shells. Perhaps he will awaken some cool evening for a brief stretch.

I challenge any to match my ease of packing it in for the season. Throw the kindling bin, gloves, tools, and the rest of the crap into the fireplace and close the doors. I do plug in a GoldenRod heater, just to keep things dry with the doors closed, but that's it!

To be continued in October...

Mine is easier. I just stop burning, no packing, no heater needed as our humidity is low. In Sept. I'll give the stove a cleaning.

Nah... 4 months. This ain't Quebec. ;lol

Usually, we have more like 6 months off, but this spring was unusually cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.