Final Decision (indecision!) between Jotul F55, Hearthstone Shelburne or Manchester, and Woodstock Ideal Steel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Also are you certain the flue is covered under the tax credit? I installed a new flue this year for my hearthstone which is a tax credit stove, but I purchased the stove in 2020...

would I be able to get anything back for the chimney?
Speak to your accountant. I suspect not. The credit is on the entire installation, including flue system, but not for a retrofit afaik.

I understood that it had to be for a complete installation; the credit is associated with *the stove* - and associated stuff (flue), it is not for *the flue*.

If a flue a year later is valid, where is the the limit? 2 years, 5 after the stove?

Hence I think you are out of luck.

I understood that it had to be for a complete installation; the credit is associated with *the stove* - and associated stuff (flue), it is not for *the flue*.

If a flue a year later is valid, where is the the limit? 2 years, 5 after the stove?

Hence I think you are out of luck.
I wonder what the cheapest tax credit eligible stove is 🤔

Also are you certain the flue is covered under the tax credit? I installed a new flue this year for my hearthstone which is a tax credit stove, but I purchased the stove in 2020...

I believe it is only covered if the work is done at the same time as the purchase of a new EPA stove. I'm not 100% sure though.

I wonder what the cheapest tax credit eligible stove is 🤔

Woodstock has a good summary re EPA credit if that's useful?

Reactions: Rob_Red