Finally completed my corn vac based pellet moving, cleaning, storage process w/vid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

offingmoot

Jul 15, 2008
Central/South Jersey
Only question I can think of atm is why don't u
find another spot for the plant. You'll go bonkers
moving it all the time. :)

we used to have 2 plant stands where those wicker hampers are now, so i just put the plants up there, the girl likese the way it looks and i dont mind it at all
the room looks better with the plants there anyway
i am filling these things every 4-5 days and the hopper twice a day so its no biggy

I have a question....what are you doing and how often do you do this procedure?

Very cool. Wish I had that.

i have a 45 gallon garbage can full of pellets in the basement. 1 1/4" schedule 40 through my return duct up to the fireplace room. also a ridgid 5hp wall mountable vac with 14 foot hose through the duct with switch turned on and extension cord through duct as well
upstairs i have a cornvac with bucket, pellet supply connected and vacuum connected
plug the vac cord in, pellets get sucked upstairs, cleaned and dropped into bucket
take off top of cornvac, remove supply pipe and dump clean pellets into wicker hampers on either side of the fireplace
then when i want to clean up, i take the vac hose off the cornvac, attach the 7' flexible hose i got w/the ridgid and plug the vac back in
it hasnt been too cold but when i was running the stove 24/7 with the recent cold i was doing this every 4-5 days and filling my hopper twice per day
the can holds a bunch of bags but i didnt count, it takes approx 60 seconds to fill the bucket
i was building up quite a bit of static so i attached a speaker wire to my cold water pipe for grounding, it helps but i need to wrap it around the supply pipe, i know the vid is dark where i tried to show that

Thats a funny setup.Does'nt your corn come in bags so you can fill the hopper. Go Giantsssss

i cant get corn where i live it is pellets only
they come in 45lb bags and are pretty dusty, i dont wanna haul them upstairs everyday and dump the dust into the fireplace or the air, the girl is quite allergic to dust
yeah i had to get the giants blanket in there to show my big blue roots

That sure looks like it takes longer than carrying a bag or a bucket and dumping it in. I have never had a problem with dusty pellets - have used 3 or 4 brands. used to burn corn but gave it up as the ash and clinker were too much of a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.