1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Finally, conclusive photographic evidence that fearless creatures inhabit the forest!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by quads, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    It's more than just CWD, and they don't eat from one pile when they herd up. At feeding station EVERY deer eats from the same pile. Feeding stations draw them away from good wintering yards.

See the link

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    Yes, you are probably right. But it wasn't until the onset of CWD that the DNR decided to take a stance against feeding deer. I don't feed them, and I don't hunt them anymore either. I just take their picture and hit one once in awhile with my car. :-(
  3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Hmmmm . . . having "hunted" a few with a Jeep Wrangler I can attest that getting a deer steak with a vehicle can sometimes make for a pretty pricey deer steak . . . even if it is pre-tenderized with the bumper and seasoned with road salt. ;)
  4. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    You got that right Jake! Have hit a deer with every car I own.....with the old Comanche wood-haulin' pickup, twice!