Finally got my chimney installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
Well, kinda. I got the ceiling support framed in, and the hole marked and cut in roof. I went up and trimmed the hole a bit from outside. Everything looked good. I went back down and finished taking the pallet apart, grabbed the flashing, aaannndd.... no storm collar. I checked everything on the packing slip when it came, but it didn't occur to me until right after I cut a hole in my roof that it wasn't on the packing slip.
So, I called Sean at dynamite buys. I asked if the Supervent collar from Menard's might work on the Ultra-temp pipe. Selkirk wouldn't tell me anything. He said it might, so I went and got one. It's not right, but it will work until he ships me the right one.
I got everything buttoned up before dark. I'm feeling pretty good about life, take care of my tools, walk in the house, and there's the attic insulation shield sitting on the living room floor >:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.