Finally got the deck done.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Bought my hose two years ago and had a second deck behind the garage. Use it mainly for entertaining and kids to play on. Have the fire pit next to it now. Previous owner had a pool so it wrapped around the pool. I cut half it off and used the composite decking to fill in and make a more useable deck for us. Finally got the railing up today. Ran a few short on spindles so will have to run after a couple of those but that wont take too long. Will be nice to sit on theirand enjoy the new yard we put in too. First pic is the new back deck, second is view from the deck on my house. Also a load of oak in there from today.
deck.jpg

Attachments

• deck1.jpg
    deck1.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 140
That's was allot of work.
Deck & yard job made the load of oak an easy day.
Very nice & you'll get many years of enjoying it ;)
Now get that truck unloaded & split that wood will ya, enough rest LOL :)
Great job (s)

Nice going. It looks like the kids are going to enjoy racing around the deck. Sit back with a cool one and enjoy the view.

Ya, we have a deck off hte back of the house too. It is on the second story and overlooks has steps down to the driveway that wraps around behind the house. So the deck off the garage is nice as it leads into the backyard. Also frees up space having the two. Have a swing and the grill on the one by the house and the back deck is more for haning out and for the kids to play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.