Finally installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Apr 30, 2021
CT
I have to give a big thank you to the awesome installers. They really did the install justice.
Got the paperwork for the tax credit. Now to let the family enjoy the Fall evenings!

C1D5A974-C410-465A-8B6E-7BC9D9EB194D.jpeg 42E9D50C-504A-4D28-92C0-112F72CA5F69.jpeg F17D1596-FB67-4B82-A744-C8E807F4319B.jpeg 247BD1B2-BE1D-425F-BB93-340BCC1D8E35.jpeg 2797D7D1-0C72-408B-8583-24D4DCDECD9F.jpeg 52E643CD-5D23-416E-91C9-C7A18BD93454.jpeg

Nice install, hope the unit produces satisfying heat for you guys.

Looks good. Enjoy the new stove and keep us posted. There will be a learning curve so be patient and experiment a little. You can still control the heat output by the fuel load size and frequency of loading.

I will be curious to see how that stove works with the new thermostatic air intake. Interested to see if you can turn it down or if it will be all or nothing cyclical type of heat.

How tall is that chimney?
Chimney looks to be 6’, base on the height of the install guys.

Nice! I just bought one as well and will be installing it this fall. I'm hoping the automatic air control works as well as they claim. Keep us posted as you use yours.

Any report on its functionality? Curious about burn times. They claim 10 hours but most reviews say 3 max..
Me too. I haven't seen reviews on the new Aspen C3 yet. It's a complete revision inside and looks to be a much better design over the old version. 10 hrs is marketing methinks. For its capacity I would hope for 4-6 hr burns with may be coals to 8hrs?

Last edited:
Its been exciting for me to get a stove lite for the first time and your Aspen is a nice looking common sense size good stove--not too large...I am new at this and lite my stove for the first time on Oct 28 and it was about 45-50 degrees in temperature outside and it did just fine..I got about five hours of burn time after I loaded it a second time with more wood. I used mixed season and kiln dried just like you...Now I am addicted and praying for snow and the heat is really special and your stove is looking good..Your family will enjoy it I am sure...clancey

Me too. I haven't seen reviews on the new Aspen C3 yet. It's a complete revision inside and looks to be a much better design over the old version. 10 hrs is marketing methinks. For its capacity I would hope for 4-6 hr burns with may be coals to 8hrs?
I bought an Aspen C3 in fall of 2021. This is my 2nd winter. Very temperamental, poor burn times, and lack of adjustments. I am removing it and going back to a Blaze King. Very disappointed. I have heated with wood for 10 years and installed this in my home when I moved. Don't waste your money.