1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Finally made a move

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by CHawk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. CHawk

CHawk New Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    The original idea was to get some inexpensive V/F gas logs, 100 lb tank and regulator for around $1,000 (as I'd assured my wife), now turned into just purchasing a Travis/ Fireplacextrordinair 34 DVL green smart insert, fancy faceplate and 120 gallon LP tank. After doing some research it didn't take long to rule out the V/F logs and it was either let the "gas fire" plan die right there or go in a safer direction. As of today the gas co is scheduled for 1/18 and the insert delivered 1/20 and flex vent installed. Hopefully the building inspector will get everything signed off and its operational by Superbowl sunday.
    Thanks to all here who helped with my questions and I learned alot by reading others posts as well.

Tom

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Install fire 1

Install fire 1 Member

Loc:
    Canada.
    Its exciting to make this kind of addition to your home. Good luck with the project, hope all goes well.

you will enjoy it!