Finally ordered ths years pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltown

Minister of Fire
Oct 1, 2008
Western Maine
Trying to finish off the Garage this fall at least got the ceiling up. So I now can fit in my pellets.
Ordered 2 tons of the MWP hardwood and one 65 bag pallet of the LaCrete pellets.
The MWPs apparently are backed up so I can't take delivery until Dec18th. So they will probably arrive warm. Thank God the weather won't be cold by then. ;)
Until then I am burning MWP from Wally World at $3.94 a bag. Saving what Okies (white bag) I have left for really cold days.
I really wanted to stock up on Okies, as I have had great results, but things are getting very pricey. I had hoped that the new bagging plant would have resulted in a lower price for Okies this season. Now instead the price is higher then last year, and after reading some reports and seeing the posted pictures of the quality I said no.
I hope the LaCretes work out, but even they are pricey.

To end on a high note this year for me the MWP hardwood pellets although certainly more ashy then Okies has been buring well.
I'll post the obligatory pics when they arrive!

Why don't you just buy your MWP's at WallyWorld or HD? I've bought all my blend at HD for the $3.94 price. Can't beat it.

must be nice. i can't find anything under 4.99 a bag, and those are infernos!

I have been buying from week to week at Wally World for $3.94 a bag ($197 a ton)!. While I worked on the garage. Agreed it's a good price. Even the local TSC had to reduce their price to match the Wally World.

There are two issues for me: Both Wally Worlds in my area keep all the pellets outside in the weather, and only brings them inside to replenish the for "sale pile".
A number of times when picking up the bags in store I could feel the water on the outside of the bags. I check each and evey bag carefully for hardened/swollen pellets. So far I have been ok although the last 5 bags I brought home two bags did have some swollen pellets that fell apart when touched.

Secondly although I can buy at Wally World for $197 a ton cash and carry. Steve at SIB will deliver the same MWP that have been kept under cover inside for $219 a ton, and place it inside my garage.
Yes Steve makes a little profit on me (as expected), but I don't need to transport 150 or more bags of pellets, nor buy a case of Ibuprofen :)

briansol funny as I have been watching all those threads about the Somerset pellets and thinking all the lucky people down in CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.