Finally purchased a Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrider

Oct 23, 2012
Had my first Jotul 35 years ago when I rented an oceanside house with a Jotul wood burner. Years later found my way back after much debate and discussion ended up with the Jotul GV600DVII Firelight. Really wanted to go with the blue/black but apparently Jotul is not planning on offering them for atleast the balance of 2012. Went with the Brown which was sweet. Really struggled making the decision since I started out going to the Sebago. But the GV600 was hard to pass up. The flame picture and the fine detail on the stove really set it apart from anything else I looked at. Stove was in stock so now I have to pick up the pace and build a custom pad and tee off the gas line to feed it.

Nice! I heated my garage & the studio apartment above it for 4 years with that unit. The price of LP drove me to pull it out & replace is with a P43 Pellet burner...I sold the Firelight to my sister, who is partially disabled with MS & can't handle the physicality of stoking a wood stove. She burns LP, as well, but the ease of operation is critical for her. She is happy & warm, as I'm sure YOU will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.