Finished Product

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jmoney

Feb 23, 2024
New York
Got done with the stove switch. 25 year old Vermont Castings moved to my porch where it is used everyday. Also painted the little Monessen Stove (Red) Thanks for all the help.
20240301_183635.jpg
Screenshot_20240317-103756_Messenger.jpg

Reactions: DAKSY
Looks nice, I wish my Jotul's could get away with those clearances.

Thank you. Actually the green Vermont castings was where the red stove is in that photo. The original installers of the green stove did not meet the minimum clearances at all. So it took A diy person like myself to fix it. The little red stove only requires pretty much a 1/2 inch clearance on the sides in the back. As a result it unfortunately barely puts out any heat. But that's all right because I rarely use the little one.