Finished up the new Hearth additions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
Well, sans trim but the functionality is done. I added everything to the left of the 1/4 wall and the 1/4 wall as well as the tile out front. Really liking it for practicality - much better than the iron rack I had sitting there on the floor last year. Should keep the mess in it's place and any snow that sneeks in on splits will not end up on the floor.

Finished Stove 016.JPG Finished Stove 015.JPG

Looks great! Nice splice job......

very nice - love the stepped wall / wood storage idea

That is a nice setup. That's a great idea for wood storage. Real cool

Thanks - I love these bricks. A little rough but that is because they are 100+ year old pavers that used to line the streets of a local city. Many a tire has roled over my hearth. I was looking for a rustic look - as if it had been here for a while. Bricks are 9x4x4 solid and weigh 10lbs a piece. I think my house may flip over if I ever decide to box in the other end :)

I also left a brick out at the back/bottom of the step wall for an OAK if I ever decide to add one.

Oh - regarding the splice - thanks but it was not that big a deal because I built the center section last fall so I just had to go get more of the same bricks. The person who has them - has them all. Like 20,000+

I new I wanted to take it to the corner for wood storage and had to add tiles out front to make it legal for insurance because my old stove was a side loader.

I like Peyton Manning on the TV. ;ex

Looks great Bob....I knew you would dig the 30! :)

Nice work.

Very sharp looking.

That really turned out nice Bob.

Looks real good Bob, I like that idea

Status
Not open for further replies.