fire goes to right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrig

Feb 12, 2009
JUST clean my two englander 25 pdv. now on the one the fire goes to the right as you look at the front of stove.any idea?? maybe Mike will jump in here. Glad i fround this forum. jim

Looking into the stove through the glass, the bottom auger rotates counter-clockwise. This motion pushes the pellets to the right side of the burn plate. Maybe this is the answer?

Guess #2: Maybe the entire burn pot assembly is not level?

What is the hole pattern in your burn pot. The bottom row in my harmon is offset to one side

stoveguy2esw said:
check the cleanout behind the baffle plate , when they get backed up that can happen

Huh? :bug:

Thank's i clean it again .this time i took a coil spring that they use to bend copper tubeing with has a flare on one end tape the spring with black tape it fit's right into the end of the tool on my vac hose.i can flex it into that opening behind the baffle plate both way's.dose a good job. JIM

usmcdogg;

ash buildup migrates to the right due to exhaust fan location....I also have a quad...

thank's i have these two stove for four yr's now.never had that before .repeated the clean out work's o.k .now

staplebox said:
Mine always hangs to the right. Me and the stove.

Hmmm...possible PhD thesis fodder.....? Do right-handed guys hand to the right, and left-handed's to the left? Any correlation there, I wonder?

My flame leans to the right, as do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.