fire in fire pot wont stay going

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viking

Oct 23, 2010
ny state
i have an avalon newport bay stove. after lighting the starting gell in the fire pot and closing the door i adjust the auger speed ,and the blower fan . after a few minutes however the flame smolders out. it doesnt seem to be getting any air flow to the fire pot to keep the flame going. the auger motor and the convection and the conduction blower motors are all working fine . is there a another motor that provides air to the fire pot to keep the flame going ? anyone have any thoughts on this , thanks .

Also if that stove has a damper it might be closed and not allowing anywhere enough air to keep a fire going.

So I'll add check and clean the air path from the air intake through to the chamber under the fire pot and make sure the damper is set correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.