Fire is bad, outside of the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358294925.995789.jpg
Well this is what can happen when you do not wait till the ash has cooled. When I was cleaning a showroom stove a saw two embers get sucked up. After I was done I pulled the bag just in case and set it in the middle of the parking lot. My neighbor informed me something was smoking. Dah but I caught it prior to bad things happening.

Eric

Good eye Eric, good eye.

Wow, scary. Surprised you don't have an actual ash vac. That bag would be EXCELLENT advertisement for your new accessory that you should sell ;)

Hate to rush the jobs, but who doesn't. Good you had it in your mind to protect yourself.

Wow, scary. Surprised you don't have an actual ash vac. That bag would be EXCELLENT advertisement for your new accessory that you should sell ;)

Leave on the showroom floor

Can be scary, but that's why precautions are taken.

Even an ash vac can catch fire. A screen over a filter won't stop a flame.

No matter the vac, always be careful. :)

Reactions: P38X2
I have a sootmaster. It is a double filter Hvac vac, over $400. It is awesome for liability but not embers. I would not trade it.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.