fire size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt85bears

Dec 15, 2008
midwest
what does st croix consider as an overfire? How big should my flame pattern be shoud it even touch the baffles?

what does st croix consider as an overfire?
Overfire is an occurance, where the high temperature switch sensed an overfiring (a temperature too high)

How big should my flame pattern be shoud it even touch the baffles?
to answer that one has to ask you: At what setting to you have the stove, when this occurs.
Rest I leave to St. Croix owners.

at setting 3 or four sometimes at 2 i believe i have a problem with my air inlet i cant seem to adjust it properly and it get really frustrating

Matt you should have a 6" tall flame at 2 and maybe 8" at 3 setting. If you have a high flame at 3 then you need to Open the air damper on the back of your stove and watch the flame for a change, it may take 15 minutes be Patient. You semm to have a low air flow. Open it just a little at a time and watch the flame it will get brighter and more active with sharp points at the ends and very little orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.