St Croix Hastings burn issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marksmail1968

Nov 13, 2023
Maryland
I have a St Croix Hastings stove that has started to produce a flame on lower settings that sends the flames towards the rear of the burn pot and up towards the auger and drop chute? I have owned and maintained the stove for the 15 years and can't figure out what is going on. I have thoroughly cleaned the unit and fans, replaced all of the gaskets and also a new burn pot, and checked the versa grate to burn pot clearance. Tried adjusting the damper with no improvement. Tried adjusting the draft trim voltage, no improvement. The stove has a good flame on the higher settings, only an issue on lower settings. My fear is a fire starting in the auger and then up into the hopper. Any help would be appreciated.