Fired it up and......................................

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbonboy said:
Heater for the doghouse, BB? Or a seat warmer for ice fishing?

Actually it is the new Englander. Didn't quite look like the advertisement.

Nice stove BB. Great way to deal with junk mail. I particularly like the wood flue brace.

BeGreen said:
Nice stove BB. Great way to deal with junk mail. I particularly like the wood flue brace.

Yeah. I got a kick out of that myself. That looks like a small version of the contraptions we used to come up with for heat at the deer camp. I still haven't lived down the night that a 30-30 round fell out of my shirt pocket when I was stoaking the latest "contraption".

Two minutes later it went off and everybody hit the dirt.

Weeeeeeeeee now that's fun!!!

I suppose that once this stove is no longer needed, it will probably find its way to a deer camp also. Assuming of course that I've got a deer camp at that point.

Hell no Corie. The hearth.com hall of fame maybe, but not a deer camp. The thought of that beauty rusting is too painful.

Corie said:
Weeeeeeeeee now that's fun!!!

I suppose that once this stove is no longer needed, it will probably find its way to a deer camp also. Assuming of course that I've got a deer camp at that point.

Don't let her do it Corie. Tell that gorgeous lady that shooting Bambie's daddy is part of the package.

Haha!!

Speaking of shooting bambies da da, man I'm having a hard time dropping an arrow on a shooter this year. Every good buck I see is out of range or presents no possible safe shot. Every deer in the easy shooting lanes is a 4 pointer or a doe. Bah.

Anywho, Dad, without me there, managed to get a full 8 hour burn last night. Loaded her up at 10pm, got everything rolling (he likes the easy secondary action) and closed her down for the night. At 10 AM he reported a lukewarm stove and a good enough bed of coals to bring her back online. Seems like this just might work out perfect for them. Of course, once the cold weather hits and the coal goes in, the 12 hour burns shouldn't be a problem at all with about a 65lb coal capacity.

I wonder what would happen if I engaged the secondary with a fresh load of coal in the stove? hrmmmmmmm

"I wonder what would happen if I engaged the secondary with a fresh load of coal in the stove? hrmmmmmmm"

I'm thinking Hiroshima here. Don't get carried away.

Yeah me too. Although, the older harman CW-30 E had a secondary combustion system and said you were welcome to engage it when loading a fresh bed of coal to help combust the initial volley of volatiles that burns off. That stove had a system like the everburn though, not a traditional tube system. I think I'll keep the control closed. The flow of air from the coal setting on the airwash should be more than enough to promote secondary combustion of coal gases.

Status
Not open for further replies.