Fired it up and......................................

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
So this will be the last of these posts. Is the suspense killing you? Did I burn the house down? Did the stove work? Did the wood just sit in it and smolder? Was there secondary burn? Did Barry Bonds really take steroids? Answers to most of these questions below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbOk8Ser3Os

Attachments

• burn baby burn.jpg
    burn baby burn.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 841
Great job!!

We have the same handle on ours and it gets a bit hot if you grab it wrong or too tighly. Our old smokey had a wooden handle so I'm not used to watching out for my hand getting burned.

Nice job Corie, how does the airwash work, clean glass?

Fan-damn-tastic. You should be very proud Corie.

Thanks guys.

Airwash is working purty good, corners of the glass are getting dirty, as I expected, but not bad. ANy serious deposits have been getting burned away as soon as the stove gets run wide open. So far, its a lot easier to burn than the old stove, which dad and mom both really like. I can't wait until it gets a little colder and I can lay a bed of coal in it and see how it burns that. Burning wood though, it had no problem holding the house at 70 last night while it was 20 outside, so I'm confident that the heat output will be quite sufficient when the fuel is coal.

Corie - IMpressive stove you made there. You should be proud. Reminds me - It's almost stove season here in ole Bloomingdale, NJ.

I almost forgot to add that, this morning with a 35 degree outdoor temp, four splits in the stove, air control approximately 80% closed, the stovetop was at 450 degrees F and there was no visable smoke from the stack. Only a heat mirage.

My grandfather saw it, and said "So, where is all the smoke going?".

Bloomingdale is still the same - quiet, only one traffic light and property taxes that keep going up and up and up. We like it though. Hard to find a small town that feels like a small town in NJ these days.

Getting ready to install our new Hearthstone Tribute in the kitchen. Will keep you posted.

Grandpa's question was priceless and a tribute to your design and welding skills though.

Sweet! What an awesomely cool accomplishment Corie. Stand up and take a mighty bow!

This has got to be a great day and a wonderful feeling. Savor it, the first is the best. I can't wait to see what you'll be cooking up in a few years.

This is exciting and hearth.com breaking news
There is so much pride in doing it yourself , seing the fruits of all your planning and labor. Nothing I can say
can add to your personal satisfaction. Some day I hope we meet

Awesome job! Taking do it yourself to build it yourself, now that's an accomplishment.

YOu built that?

it looks great!

is there a build up thread or somethign like that you could refer me to?

I would LOVE to read about the engineering and design!

I contemplated this myself, and settled on a $350 fixer upper insert found locally.

thanks for sharing!

That looks great!!!!!!!! Nice job

so Corie...when does production start? Will there be a Corie 1, Corie 2 and Corie 3 (small, med, large) firebox?

Ok Corie. I couldn't let you get too far ahead of me so I went ahead and fired up the stove I have been working on this past year.

Attachments

• mailbox stove 1.jpg
    mailbox stove 1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 289
  • mailbox stove 2.jpg
    mailbox stove 2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 280
Status
Not open for further replies.