Fired up the Hudson River West Point tonight! See Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Well, I went thru it first since I saw it running before buying. I cleaned the blowers and replaced the gaskets. I also put a graphite impregnated gasket around the updated burn pot. That made the fire real lively!

It lit in 6 mins (Ignitor is adjusted right!) and cranked out 150 degrees thru the 17 heat exchanger tubes during startup!
Very impressive so far!
The convection blower is 140 CFM compared to the US Stove or Sarnac that comes with 120 CFM. During shutdown the room blower goes to high and on any heat level the room blower can be turned up higher.

So 2 more issues.

1. Fire pulls back towards the pellet drop chute
Have to seal around the back of the drop chute like you guys suggested. Thanks (Just wanted to see myself)

2. There is no damper on the 3" air intake tube.
I will check around for something.

So here it is. Thanks guys for all your input!

Attachments

• DSCN4255sc.JPG
    DSCN4255sc.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN4260sc.jpg
    DSCN4260sc.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 161
  • HusonRiverWestPointa1sc.JPG
    HusonRiverWestPointa1sc.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 142
  • HusonRiverWestPointa2sc.jpg
    HusonRiverWestPointa2sc.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 160
  • HusonRiverWestPointa3sc.jpg
    HusonRiverWestPointa3sc.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 164
  • HusonRiverWestPointa4sc.jpg
    HusonRiverWestPointa4sc.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 161
She's no beauty queen. But looks like its in great shape.

Been a couple months since I saw a pellet fire. Think I peed a lil...

Yes, no beauty queen but a nice contour and charcoal color for a stove with a hopper that is a 3 bagger!

Don, I am starting to think you play a part in global warming:p

Well it is 65 Deg F in the back yard so I was just warming it up! ! ! LOL

Do you factor in the fuel used when determining the sale price?

I thought the same thing?

Nice stove Don.... Looks good.

If the drop chute had a leak, the fire would blow away from the chute or have a hole in the flame. As your shed has no other air movers that dont overcome the negative pressure firebox...?? Just sayin

Reactions: smoke show
Don,

When does the flame go back towards the chute? Is it before or after the convection fan starts up?

If before check the ash trap covers. You may need a bit of flat gasket.

If after you need to go looking for the cause ( Hint, it will be somewhere that allows the convection fan to pull from the hopper area.).

Don,

When does the flame go back towards the chute? Is it before or after the convection fan starts up?

If after you need to go looking for the cause ( Hint, it will be somewhere that allows the convection fan to pull from the hopper area.).

Thanks Smokey for that real good analysis ! ! !

I will check

Hello

The good news is there is a 3" diameter damper that goes on the back for $10.00 plus shipping.
It goes right on the back. The part # is HRSP 325WP West Point Retro Damper.
Amanda's Fireplaces has it. You can order by phone. 518-828-9337
http://www.amandasfireplaces.com/

You might want to let IHATEPROPANE know about that as he has trouble running his stove on the lowest setting.

You might want to let IHATEPROPANE know about that as he has trouble running his stove on the lowest setting.

Already PMed him with part # and price. Thanks

Don,

Hi Smokey

I took care of the ash traps! Did you put in this type of gasket on your Sarnac?
See
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-traps-how-often-do-they-need-cleaning.88067/

Also took care of the space around the back of the Auger Drop chute inside of the stove in back of the fire box!

See
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...t-or-any-top-feed-auger-air-leak-issue.88058/

Did you seal your drop chute on your Sarnac like this?

The heat must be getting to me. After being in the 90-100::Frange for a month I felt no need to go sit by that fire.:(

The heat must be getting to me. After being in the 90-100::Frange for a month I felt no need to go sit by that fire.:(

Guto test it out and get it working good for fall!

Geez don, You got it bad don't ya! :cool:

We'll its nice to see fire without raising my house temps. Only flames I'm havin are outdoors! ==c

Reactions: DexterDay
That is why I am doing this in the shed!

I got all the burn pot issues fixed.
1. Upgraded Burn Pot without the crisscross bars on the bottom so more air goes thru
2. New Gasket around the outside of the burn pot above the cradle lip.
No air goes around the burn pot anymore
3. New Air Damper on 3" Air Intake tube on back.
Now I can limit the air and stop the popcorn effect that leaves unburned pellets around the pot.
4. Back edge of burn pot is bent back at a 45 Deg angle.
This way no pellets fall behind the burn pot!
5. Cleaned Ash traps and Cut Gaskets from 1/8" thick High temp Orange Silicon Re-usable rubber! Durometer = 70A on the hardness scale.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JFRB7Q/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

The stove is burning like never before! Perfectly!

See

Hello Defiant

Yea I was too busy to start that fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.