Firefighterjake would be proud

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Southington CT
Well I thought it would be a normal day and work but when i pulled in to the station I found a tree from a neighbor had fallen and was lying in our back parking lot. Well no one said anything about it during shift change so I called up the captain and told him that we should do some training with the chain saws. so out cam the Husky 362xp and we went to town. It seems that the saw was dull but it has a carbide coating and i'm not sure if it needed sharpening or replacing. Anyways the wood filled up the Baja and I'm happy and trained now..LOL I think it was close to 15 or so feet and it's dark out now but I'm sure I would hear if there wasn't pic's it didn't happen.. so here ya go

the saws....

avon-1-2.jpg

The wood

avon-2-2.jpg

Nice work, what type of wood did you train on?

zap

HehHeh . . . you're a better man than me . . . dead tree came down in our back parking lot . . . unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to grab it . . . guy with an OWB ended up cutting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.