Fireplace insert inside brick shift

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike1979

Dec 8, 2019
Pennsylvania
Hello all! Let me begin by saying I am totally new to using a mood burning fireplace insert. It was installed the end of the winter last year and we only had a few burns in.

We bought a Morso insert 5660 (I believe) and have loved it. On the inside is whit bricks used to hold heat. When making a fire tonight, I noticed that the back brick had shifted down some from the top and had a wider gap between the left corner than normal. None of the bricks ever made a tight connection and always had a small gap.

My main question is is the insert safe to use until it can be serviced? Also how often should the unit and chimney be cleaned? We use it every day for about 8 to 12 hrs a day.

Someone with your unit will have to chime in on the fire brick situation,
but as far as maintenance goes you ALREADY have the answers.
From your manual...

Attachments

• 1575813350458.png
    1575813350458.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 88