Fireplace not functioning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

avoy

Dec 29, 2017
California
I have a Propane fireplace model: 6000GLX-IPILP-R/S
serial number: 0021113426
It was installed in 2007

It has a WSK300 wall control unit.

Last March - we had a power outage and when the power returned - the fireplace would not start.
- Wall Control unit - no display at all
- WSK-300 control module has a LED that is blinking red (next to the connector for the ignition control unit)
- Unit has line power

I am not sure if the problem is with the ignition control module (Dexen GM-6KA) or the wall control module (WSK-300).

The ignition control module appears to be easy to replace and readily available, but I don't know why it would cause the wall control unit would fail. I suspect the problem is with the WSK-300.

The problem that I have is that the WSK-300 has been discontinued.

It appears that it has been replaced by WSK-MLT-GLX Wall Control (which is pretty expensive).

Does anyone have any advice on:
1) How to determine which unit is causing the issue
2) Should I call a service rep or can I install myself (it appears pretty straightforward)
3) Best course of action
4) Whether or not this recall affects me (https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2008/f...earth-home-technologies-high-temperatures-can)

Thanks for any advice offered.

-k

Unplug everything under the unit & wait a minute or so before plugging it back in.
Let us know if your module resets itself.

One other thing to try: unplug the transformer from the junction box & try to use the battery back up system.