HeatnGlo Electronic Ignition Module (PN2326-120)- failed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Valid8r

Dec 8, 2023
USA
Hey all - I have an electronic igniter that I think is shot (model # in subj). Symptoms, when turned on (via wall switch), I hear the familiar 'beep' which is normally followed by the igniter sparking and lighting the pilot, then main gas turns on. Now however, after the beep I hear nothing - as in there isn't the usual igniter sparking sound.

Troubleshooting so far - have performed a 'reset' - no change. Gas is on and unit has power. Am I right in suspecting the ignition control module?
If so, I see that the OEM replacement is expensive ($193 amazon) and the Dexen is much cheaper, but would it be a reasonable replacement?

Many thanks in advance,