Fireside Ultra DOB 11-2012

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be rebagged Energex. Same as the Energex green bag from Canada.

I think its wise to try a few just to be sure.

I'll pick up a couple of bags tomorrow and give a go. The cab50 has done well with everything Iv'e thrown in there so far. Even Infernos':eek:, though they were smelly dirty and the dust was awful. Never again!

Haven't burned Energex yet. Any input on the runs this year?

Reactions: jtakeman
New P61A owner and i'm on my 12th bag, tried Green Supreme, Stove Chow and some 6-2012 vintage Fireside Ultra's. Just bought my first ton of 11-2012 vintage Fireside Ultra's and notice all the pellets are very uniform and only about 1/2" long.

Any comments on the ash? its very powdery and light.this is after about 18 hours on room temp 75.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum neighbor! I am in West Greenwich also. For $209 a ton at HD, you can't beat this years Firesides.

I have a couple tons of Somersets that run really nicely in my Lopi but I picked up a ton of the FSU's as they burn just as well, a little more ash, but for $209/ton, who cares? Good heat! RT

Reactions: gbreda
I have a couple tons of Somersets that run really nicely in my Lopi but I picked up a ton of the FSU's as they burn just as well, a little more ash, but for $209/ton, who cares? Good heat! RT

Thanks for the input RW. Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.