Fireside ultra vs fireside platinum pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J Lavalley

Nov 25, 2013
new hampshire
Many people here like the fireside ultra but does anyone know where in New Hampsire to buy them? HD is selling fireside platinum. I presume there is a difference between the two, can't find any information on the internet, not even the company that makes them.

FSU's (regular) have been at the Concord and Manchester HD's.

Haven't seen any FS Platinums though.

FSU are the Energex pellets made in Canada, Stovechow are Energex made in the US. Supposedly

Reactions: Lake Girl
Many people here like the fireside ultra but does anyone know where in New Hampsire to buy them? HD is selling fireside platinum. I presume there is a difference between the two, can't find any information on the internet, not even the company that makes them.
I'm not so sure many people like FSUs, but they are a decent value brand. I burned 2 tons last year. Hot-burning, but a handful of fines in every bag and lots of ash left over. Short pellets, so they feed fast, and you should adjust your air accordingly. Presumably the "platinum" is better than the regular FSUs. I'll guess they vacuumed them twice so that they're less dusty!

Reactions: Ranger72
Status
Not open for further replies.