Fireview first break in fire damage to rear panel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made in America, by people who still care about the quality of their work! Like it! They'll certainly get my business when a new stove is bought.

Okay, I understand the others but what is the "shell-gunk" area? Is that cleaning up the sawdust type stuff from the stone cutting operations?

Highbeam- the "shell-gunk" area is the stage where the builder assembles the stove from base to top without the working insides. Basically, its the shell (cast and stone) followed by the 'gunk' (the cementing of the seams). This is where the builder takes all the painted cast and polished stones qnd makes the pieces look like a stove. Much like putting a puzzle together.

I envy you Vaughn. What a cool job, I'd love to build stoves at Woodstock.

Thanks Todd. If you ever get a chance to visit us, perhaps you might be able to have a true hands on try at it. The best part of the job isn't the job itself, its getting to meet some wonderful people, and hearing from wonderful people.

nh_stovebuilder said:
Thanks Todd. If you ever get a chance to visit us, perhaps you might be able to have a true hands on try at it. The best part of the job isn't the job itself, its getting to meet some wonderful people, and hearing from wonderful people.

That would be awesome, maybe a little hands on for my next purchase?

So Todd, are you heading east in October?

Have nothing to say except every time I have dealt with Woodstock they were always the best. Always gave me a good explanation and options. I had some pipe that I ordered that was a little off and they sent a new piece out the same day and a label to ship old stuff back. With other questions they always helped with solutions that I could do or asked if they needed to do something

Backwoods Savage said:
So Todd, are you heading east in October?

I don't know yet. I'm waiting on a phone call for a possible new job that starts in Oct. If it doesn't come through I'm hitting the road.

Good luck on the new job. If you do decide to go it will be my pleasure to meet you.

Status
Not open for further replies.