Firewood ethics:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's seasoned" is about the same as "the check is in the mail".

Don't know your age but this winter is on about par for what we always had prior to the mid late 70's. It was not rare for Lake Mich to freeze all the across from Wi To Mich. Last time I remember that was somewhere in the 80's. Might have been the same year we had a snow storm ( couple inches ) on the 10 of May, Mid 80's, second son was born that day- In retrospect I think Mother Nature was trying to tell us something. ( now an Army Ranger Sargent Special Ops also doesn't like staying perfectly good airplanes. Seems he can't never wait for it to land) We always new the base temp but there was none of this windchill effect stuff bandied about. But Hey it's after all Wi or Mich, Mn so winter is cold , colder and approching north pole temps, nothing new., Course the Candians think we are soft and that it is Florida hot here so depends on your point of reference. It was always a hoot to go to Dallas in Jan. or Feb on business and everyone there is dressed in big parkas and such with temps a balmy 40 degs. ( t shirt weather for us).

Reactions: D8Chumley
But only when you run out of TP are you truly wiped out.
That's one of the CRAPPIEST jokes I've heard in a while,,, BUTT, I still laughed a little.:)

:rolleyes:

;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.