First Burn Date and Pellet Stash Count

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
Nov 8, 2017 - first burn date

146 bags - starting stash count of Pacific Cleanfire pellets

we be burning - burn baby burn

Nov 8 as well, 6.5 tons Vermont.

Sam

Looks like we are about halfway through the winter. I stared with 146 bags on Nov 8 and now down to 80 bags (used 66 bags) or average of 4/5ths of a bag per day since I started this heating season.

Reactions: Luvmesomesamples
First burn Oct 16. Week of Nov 8 was the first time I had to leave the stove on all day. About 54 bags of Kirtland Pellets burned from Oct 16 till Dec 25. Merry Christmas to me, I got to open the Pro Pellets. About 43 or 44 bags burned I think so far. Leaving it either on 1 or turning it off in the day sometimes lately, and on 1 I clocked 27 hours for a bag. Got 2 tons of Pro Pellets left after this, so I'm not worried. Seems like in the grand scheme of the season, I go through 3 tons a season, or average 2 months a ton, but this winter I've tried to keep it a few degrees warmer in the house. I also have a less co-operative family. So let's see how this winter does.

Down to 1 Bag left.
To date burned 145 bags over 130 days starting Nov 8, 2017.
This season I averaged 1.12 bags a day.

I'm about 1/4 the way into the 4th ton. Didn't expect to be burning all day in the middle of April with 2 feet of snow. But I did expect people to just leave the stove on and let it get over 80F.

I'm about 1/4 the way into the 4th ton. Didn't expect to be burning all day in the middle of April with 2 feet of snow. But I did expect people to just leave the stove on and let it get over 80F.
I really don't understand how you folks get by with this 1 bag a day deal. 150 bu. of corn 2 tons of pellets and I think I had 20 bags left from last year. Heating 2400 sq. ft. basement and upstairs of a log cabin in Wisconsin. O and LP also for back up hot water and cooking. We crank up the LP in the mornings. I just bought a Harmon PC45 so perhaps next year that will do a better job. Now I still need at least a 1/2 ton of pellets to make it to shoulder season.